Wycombe Abbey International School

Wycombe Abbey International School

Sunday 12 June 2016

Dr Dawber's visit to Wycombe Abbey International School, Changzhou (Day 1)

12.6.16

Arrived in Shanghai on Thursday morning after the 'excitement' of having to have my passport and visa couriered to meet me at Heathrow airport! Was met by Feynman (head of HR at CZOIC) and whisked off for the three hour drive to Changzhou, where I met the headmaster. He took me on a guided tour of the school. They have some very impressive buildings and facilities, some huge and five stories high. They even have their own boat house and lake! Everything is very modern.

It is a national holiday here for the Dragon boat festival, so most of the pupils have gone home, only those in the middle of external exams are here, so it’s quite empty.

On Friday I had a visit to Shanghai just for a couple of hours and saw the Bund, the very imposing riverside skyline with all its skyscrapers. Am hoping very much to come back and see it lit up by night.

Quiet day today but hoping I might get out on the speedboat later if it stops raining! I get my first taste of lessons here tomorrow"

No comments:

Post a Comment