Wycombe Abbey International School

Wycombe Abbey International School

Monday 13 June 2016

Dr Dawber's visit (Day 2)

13.6.16

A very productive day and interesting day today - and the sun has been shining! I've met all sorts of people and found out a lot about how tutoring and boarding work here, from talking to the head of boarding, the deputy head (pastoral) and one of the tutors. Most things are quite similar to Wycombe Abbey but there are a few differences, too - like male heads of female boarding houses who don't live in! I've met with the Science department - very small compared with Wycombe Abbey but it is expanding a lot from September as student numbers climb - and I've shared lots of resources with them. I've also chatted to some of the students (including primary, kindergarten and even some BOYS!)

I've even started to help mentor one L6 boy who is doing an EPQ on gravitational waves - complex stuff.

Tomorrow I will finally get into the classroom - helping out with some revision classes for U5 and U6 Physics students. They carry on having revision lessons whilst they're doing external exams here!

No comments:

Post a Comment