Wycombe Abbey International School

Wycombe Abbey International School

Friday 17 June 2016

Update from Dr Dawber in Changzhou


Another hot day today, but the sun is shining and the air is fairly clear - so much nicer than when you have the heavy fog. This morning was partly spent trying out experiments and planning for next week, but I was also asked by the Deputy Head if I could do another Physics revision session with the Year 11s, ahead of their IGSCE Paper 2 this afternoon, so that's what I did. They are a lovely bunch - one Iranian (I think!) and one Israeli boy and three Chinese girls - and they seem to really get a lot out of the extra lessons, so it's very rewarding. I hope it goes well for them today! And I hope the exams are going well for all my lovely students back home (I miss you all!) 


Tomorrow may be Saturday but it will be an early start - I'm being picked up at 7.30am and am going to Shanghai for the day again, with Kristi Sinnett, the Head of Boarding. This time the plan is to visit the pearl market, the fabric market and Yuyuan gardens and bazaar. Plus we hope to eat some very good food! It's going to be really hot, but I'm sure it'll be an amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment